Covid-19 has changed the nation fundamentally. While countries around the globe are racing to control the spread of coronavirus, and as headlines are centred on those efforts, a major side effect has been overlooked, that is Education.
COVID-19 is a crisis which we’ve never seen before. This pandemic has crashed all the global markets and hundreds of business to shut their doors temporarily and schools and colleges are one among them. With countries in lockdown to protect their people, the wheels of education have been brought to a halt.
Like everything else, this too shall pass.
And you’re not alone, we’re here to help.
During this crisis, we remain as passionate as ever about assisting you learn, grow and connect with educators and learners around the world through our new virtual learning feature.
To help you better understand what exactly virtual classroom is about, let’s take a closer look.
What is a Virtual Classroom?
A virtual classroom is a digital replica of a traditional classroom. Much like in a physical classroom, the instructors teach face-to-face and the participants learn, view presentations or videos, interact with other participants, whiteboard, test and the reports, everything remains intact but via internet-enabled technology devices.
Benefits of Virtual Learning:
- Personalized Learning: A virtual classroom allows both learners and instructors from anywhere around the world to participate in live classes.
- Affordable: The costs of travel and learning materials come down to a minimum, since all that needed is an internet connection.
- Flexible Learning: Online classes allows an added benefit by recording classes, this means the content is accessible even after class being delivered. This would be a lifesaver for students who want a quick refresher, or perhaps did not fully understand it for the first time.
- Learner-Centred Instruction: Virtual classrooms offer face-to-face interaction, where the classes are interactive, immersive and centred on the learner.
- Easy and Reliable Feedback: In a physical classroom with 40 to 50 learners, it’s difficult to gauge who is learning and who isn’t. But with virtual classrooms, gathering feedback is easy through real-time polling, hand raising and other interactive features.
- Peer-To-Peer Learning: The collaborative tools in a virtual classroom allow students to leverage the collective knowledge of their peers.
What to Look for in a Virtual Classroom?
Those who are willing to seek the advanced virtual classroom software should consider a cloud-based solution, which provides a full slate of comprehensive features.
Why choose Edmatix Online Classroom Software?
Edmatix never failed to understand and solve the customer needs. Sticking to that, we are offering a comprehensive set of features to deliver seamless and synchronous learning online. Here are few that made our list of top benefits:
- High-definition video conferencing
- Unlimited personal cloud storage
- Host meetings for up to 10,000 people with Microsoft Teams live events
- Let parents or guardians and students schedule appointments with faculty online using Microsoft Bookings
- Advanced personal and organizational analytics with MyAnalytics and Power BI Pro
- Complete transparency of information to manage day-to-day academic operations
- Rich library with 1000+ learning modules, experiments & simulations
- Auto-recorded classes
- Attendance tracker
- Extensive reports
- Immediate feedback on tests
- Real-time online collaboration
- Seamless administration
- Stability, scalability, and support
Virtual classroom is an indispensable tool for today’s educators and learners. So, choosing the tool with the right mix of functionality and scalability, can help your students learn and retain material more effectively. Be wise and make your choice.
DIVIDED PANDEMICALLY!!! LET’S UNITE DIGITALLY!!!!
If you’d like to see a virtual classroom in action, you’re welcome to try ours.